Introduction

Casino Hold’em (also known as Caribbean Hold’em) is a variant of Texas Hold ‘em game, where you play against a casino dealer. The game is at Playtech, Net Ent, Real Time Gaming, Random Logic, Boss, Odds On, World Gaming and Gale Wind-casinos. Bet the game the low expected loss per unit makes it a viable alternative for clearing bonuses. Optimal strategy is complex, so that the game can be slow. Note that Casino Hold’em and Texas Hold’em Bonus is not the same game.

Rules and Play

After you are dealt two cards of the player bets, as well as three of the five community cards (the flop). The player must then either fold and forfeit the hand (ante losing bet), or raise and play the hand. The increasing use must be 2x the size of the ante bet. If the player raises, then there are several possible payouts. If the dealer a pair of 4s or better, the dealer “qualified.” Payouts depend on whether the dealer qualifies, as listed below.

Dealer does not qualify – Ante bet pays according to the following table, increase bet pushes

Player wins, dealer qualified – Ante bet pays according to the table below raise bet pays 1:01

Player and dealer tie, dealer qualifies – bets press

Player loses, dealer qualifies – bets lose

Variations

In Real Time Gaming Caribbean Hold’em, the ante bet pays 01.01 clock, if the dealer does not qualify. Under standard rules, the ante pays according to the table above. This change increases the house edge to 1.17% per bet.

In Odds On / Vegas Technologies casino Hold’em, the Ante bet pays only a pair or better. It’s not worth it if the player did not qualify for a high card and the dealer. I roughly estimate that this change increases the house edge per bet to ~ 5%.

Optional Bonus

Casino Hold’em offers an optional bonus bet. The bonus bet pays together based on a 5-card hand of the player two cards and three flop cards. The remaining two community cards are not included. Like most side bets, the house edge, the bonus bet is significantly larger than the house edge of the main game.

Strategy

Unfortunately there is no easy way to explain an optimal strategy for Casino Hold’em. Optimal raise / fold decisions can not be described with a short set of rules. In order to minimize expected loss per hand (standard strategy), the player to flip on the worst 18% of the hands that have an EV from below -1 to increase (EV folds of the hand) should, and play the remaining 82% of hands. In order to minimize expected loss per unit wagered (minimum loss over a wagering requirement), the player should fold on hands that have an EV from below -1.016. You can download the casino Hold’em Strategy Calculator use to evaluate decisions about the hands that are not obvious.

A simplified strategy is below. This strategy has a house edge per bet, that is ~ 0.0025% above optimal. Once you get a feel for the game, you will be more hands to recognize the obvious and forms wrinkles on the bottom are cases.

Lift …
With a pair or better (with at least 1 player map)
4 to a flush
4 to an outer straight (straight absent having an outer card, such as 4567)
With player maps from A / 4 A / A
With player cards of K / K 7 / K

If the above conditions are not met, fold …
With players cards from 2/3 to 2/7 (without 4 to a straight)
With player cards of 3/4 to 3/7 (without 4 to a straight)

If none of the above is true, use the Calc.

House Edge

Using standard rules, the house edge (per initial bet defined) of Casino Hold’em is 2.16%. The average height of the insert is 2.64x the initial ante so that the house edge per unit wagered 0.82%. The latter value of 0.82% is expected for the estimation of loss, while a suitable application requirements.

Under Real Time Gaming Caribbean Hold’em rules, the house edge (per initial bet) is 3.09% and the house edge is set per unit of 1.17%. The latter value of 1.17% is expected for the estimation of loss, while a suitable application requirements.

Variance and Bet Size

The standard deviation per original use of Casino Hold’em is 2.61. The average height of the insert is 2.64x the initial Ante bet, so that the standard deviation per unit 1.61 wagered. The latter value of 1.61 for the estimation of the rear portion, while a suitable application requirements.

I recommend a bet size as you would use for blackjack smaller because the average final bet size is much larger than the original Ante bet. The following table shows the possibility of termination of the deposit above balance with unlimited bankroll, after completing a wagering requirement with 4 bet sizes (size of the Ante bet). See the Returns & Variance Calculator for accurate estimates.